- The President: Professor CR Schenk
- Hon. Vice-Presidents: Professors, BE Supple, Sir Tony Wrigley, PK O’Brien, P Hudson, NFR Crafts, RM Smith, KJ Humphries, Sir Richard Trainor, and SN Broadberry
- Hon. Secretary: Dr HJ Paul
- Hon. Treasurer: Dr AC Tunçer
- Editors*: Professors PH Wallis, G Federico and J Turner
- Chair, Conference Committee*: Dr EB Schneider
- Chair, Publications Committee*: Professor MW Dupree
- Chair, Public Engagement Committee*: Professor D Higgins
- Chair, Schools & Colleges Committee: Dr J Stephenson
- Chair, Women’s Committee*: Dr S Haggerty
- Elected members: Dr J Claridge, Mrs AH Daniell, Dr J Davis, Dr AE Erickson, Professor R Esteves, Dr NP Palma, Professor RG Rodger, Dr EB Schneider, Dr J Stephenson, and Dr Varian
- Co-opted members: Jessica Ayres (student representative), Dr M Roodhouse (Social History Society) and Benjamin Schneider (student representative)
*Invited to attend ex-officio.
The responsibilities of a Council member of the Economic History Society are:
- Members of Council are trustees of the Society and are advised to read the Society’s Constitution and the latest guidance to trustees from the Charity Commission and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
- Council members are expected to attend the bi-annual meetings of Council – in spring at the Society’s annual conference and in October.
- Council members are expected to act as the Society’s ambassador at their institution.
- Council members are expected to become a member of one of the Society’s standing committees, if asked to do so.